Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Friendly Neighbor's Husband Passed Away

Just last month, nanay Azing knocked on my door to buy some Fiber and Herb for her husband. We call her husband tatay. During the past few weeks tatay hadn't been moving. So, when tatay took the fiber and herb during lunch time, it was a relief for him when he already moved bowel after some couple of hours.

By the way, I have a Nutrition Club at home where my neighbors can buy their daily Nutritious Meal. Nanay Azing is one of my first customers when I started the Nutrition Club in September. Nanay Azing's health has improved but tatay is refusing to take heed of his doctor's advise.

But thank God, tatay can take the Nutritious Meal in a Shake (choco flavor). Nanay Azing is giving him choco shake 3x a week. Tatay would take it as nanay Azing is telling him that it's just a drink and not a medicine. Choco shake is more than a medicine. It gives him nutrients and energy.

Last week (Nov 9, 2008), I mentioned to nanay Azing that we were having a Bible Study at home every Sunday at 4pm. She was glad to know about it and would want to attend also on the following Sunday.

So yesterday (Nov 16, 2008), before the Bible Study starts I went to nanay Azing's house and invited her to come to our house. She said that Gina her daughter is out and no one is going to take care of tatay. She said that tatay is very week. I stepped inside their house and saw tatay lying down on the matress. He was indeed very weak and can see that he can hardly move and breath. Nanay told me that he's not eating well these past few days. So, I didn't insist her to come with me anymore. I just told pastor Noel and pastor Alex about the situation.

I was introduced to Bro. Dodie (a brethren from Crossroad 77). Sis. Malou (another neighbor of mine) came to our house. Since we're only few, we only discussed about the ministry in Las Palmas. We also tackled the war against principalities of darkness. And finally, I was able to share with Ptr. Noel and Ptr. Alex about my burdern for my father's spirituality and my husband's growthas a Christian. During that time, we also prayed over nanay Azing and her family.

Before Ptr. Alex and Ptr. Noel left, I introduced them to nanay Azing and she said that she will attend the Bible Study next week.

Just this morning while preparing Marsie for school, my husband saw an ambulance outside the house. He sneaked and find out what was happening. To my surprise, my husband told me that tatay died this morning. The reason why Gina was out, tatay forced Gina to go to Caloocan and talk to the funeral parlor to fetch him and prepare his burial. Tatay knew that his time is up. Tatay also told nanay Azing to take care of everything he left. Tatay wanted to have his wake at Caloocan. And so his remains were transported to Caloocan for embalment. Nanay Azing went to Caloocan to prepare his burial.

It was a sudden sweet death for tatay. At least, he knew that he felt better even for a while before he died. He didn't suffer that much and even his family didn't suffer that much as well. Tatay was prepared and his family were prepared as well. But we cannot hide the tears. Tears that would naturally fall down our cheeks in remembering how he's been a Father, Husband, Grandfather, Friend and Neighbor to us.

May his soul rests in peace. And may his family find refuge in God alone. It is my prayer and burden to have Tatay's family have teh PEACE of God in their hearts.

No comments: