Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Finally, I'm Back to Writing Poems Again

I started teaching Chinese students residing in China via Skype and QQ thru ABC360 in March 2016. I am teaching English classes online to help Chinese students with their grammar, pronunciation, intonation, and vocabulary. I love teaching them and I have gained loyal students.

There was a time that I shared to one of my students about this blog. Unfortunately, he can't view this link because it's prohibited in China for reasons that I don't know. His name is Murphy (not his real name). His real name is in Chinese characters which I can't read nor pronounce. He challenged me to make an acronym poem for him. I was able to finish it in 15 minutes but I delivered it to him after 3 days. The poem goes like this:

M - ust I forget the day I met you?
U - nique way that is, class via Skype and that is true.
R- ead, Speak and Think - are the things I taught you
P - honics and Pronunciation that challenges you each day
H - ard as you may say, but you will learn them anyway.
Y - ou are indeed a victor, who will rise on top one day.

by: Mikisu June 17, 2016 9:43pm





He was delighted as he read the poem. He was inspired too to make one for his wife. His wife's English name is Carol. He promised to share with me the poem he will be dedicating for his wife Carol. That was really sweet.

Another loyal student of mine is Vera. She is an amazing student as she improved a lot from when she first attended my class in May. I also shared this blog to her when her topic lesson was about "literature". She had a hard time pronouncing the word "poem" and didn't understand it as well. To explain what is poem, I showed the "Jack and Jill" poem and told her that I also made a poem for Murphy. She also wanted to have one as well. So, here's the poem I just made for her:

V - era is the name that I met through ABC360
E - every single class, she's learning English in immensity
R - reading, pronunciation, grammar - intonation and vocabulary, too
A - re the things she learned so hard - more practice she needs to do.

by: Mikisu July 6, 2016 12:46am



It's nice to be writing back again after a decade or so. I hope I could maintain the momentum. OSU!

No comments: