Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I Found It! A Poem I Made for My Daughter for More Than a Decade Ago

I published this poem from the forum that I joined in 2004. That forum is no longer active and I don't know how can I retrieve it. And then I remember that I took a screenshot of the poem and posted it in Facebook on June 19, 2011. I can't remember where I was when I wrote this. I searched for it and it took me for less than a minute to find it. I'm very happy that I found it. I immediately posted this poem here in this blog. The poem goes like this:

S - un will rise, sun will set
T - urn back and see what you may get
E - ven though life is sometimes unfair
P - eople anyway, we should really bear
H - and them your ears, listen to their cries
A - nd you will soon discover that they live in lies
N - now tell me who your friends are
I - 'll tell you who you really are
E - dn this deceitfulness, and start a new HOPE

M - ake everyday an opportunity to widen your horizon
A - and take a good glimpse of the beaut of Luzon
R - est assured you'll reach many places
S - tart meeting people and new faces
I - wish you'll be tough and firm with your faith
E - xtend your heart for others, for it is your only wealth



No comments: